Re: [WriteLog] Icom 746PRO

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Icom 746PRO
From: Dale Jackaman <dalej@reboot.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:47:05 -0800
We had one.  I yanked it because the transmitter produces too much phase
noise for a fellow contester 4.5 miles away.   It took out 75+Khz each
side just on phase noise alone.  Our normal 756Pro I and II radios are
much less of a problem, +- 15Khz.  I don't care for the spectrum scope as
it is, for all intents and purposes, useless.  And it's not as easy to use
in a contesting situation as the 756Pro series.   I don't consider it a
contest radio as it's missing too many features.  Fine otherwise.

But it did work just fine with Writelog.

Dale VE7GL