Re: [WriteLog] ESM - Been there for years

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ESM - Been there for years
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:32:34 -0000
From: "Steve GW4BLE" <GW4BLE@btconnect.com>
To: "'Jim Reisert AD1C'" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>;
<cfmorris@bellsouth.net>; <writelog@contesting.com>
Cc: <halken@comcast.net>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 9:15 AM

> Re: ESM, well Writelog still does NOT support ESM for S &
> P mode! N1MM does
> this but *NOT* Writelog.  It's something SO2R operators
> have been requesting
> for a l-o-n-g time now....

True, but addition of the "%L" command a few years ago
really helped S&P operation. Now you just need two F-keys
for S&P, one with your callsign, and one with the S&P
exchange (which includes %L to log the qso). I think it is
easier to manage using those two F-keys than it would be to
manage the mode switching. I say this even though I have
been a TRLog user for over 10 years. When I want an S&P QSO,
I just move my fingers off the enter key, up to F5 and F6,
ery straightforward.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.