Re: [WriteLog] Serial Port Choppy CW

To: writelog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Serial Port Choppy CW
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:05:10 +0000
Well, I've used WL for many years now on both 98 SE and XP and have
never had a problem with the transistor interface.

Which doesn't help you guys who do at all.

Some how, I have this feeling that 10.59 has some sort of bug in it.

10.58 is current and no problems at all.

Good suggestion to shut down all unnecessary programs.

Don't know if it will help, but I have a program called System
Mechanic
5 ( for 98 SE ) and 6 for XP which will clean up "junk" on the
computer and it also has a memory defrag function. Typically, when I
run it on
98 SE, it will free well over 200 mb of memory.

As for you who don't think you have "junk" on your machines, I took my
disk down to a friend running XP, and it took all night to remove
some 3300+ "junk" files. Mostly .tmps, 0 length files, ect.

Hope this helps. Think I have seen SysMechanic 6 going for a out $29.
(Version 5 will not run on XP nor 6 on 98 SE )

73
Ed