[WriteLog] Can Writelog adjust my radio's frequency,when I "pounce" on a

To: <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Can Writelog adjust my radio's frequency,when I "pounce" on a RTTY call in FSK mode?
From: "Ken Kauffmann (kauffman)" <kauffman@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:02:25 -0400
Sorry if this is a newbie question.  I did search the archives and read
the tutorials before asking, but may have used the wrong search criteria
or keywords

Background

I am running Writelog 10.60G, with RTTYRITE and the MMTTY plug-in.

I am operating FSK, and wish to continue to do so.

I am using an ICOM IC-718.  The menu settings in the radio are set as
follows:  Mark (Tone) is set at 1275.  The Shift is set at 170.

Radio Control is working, in that Writelog can change the frequency/mode
of the radio, and the frequency display and band map correctly reflect
any changes that I manually make to the frequency of the radio.

Question

My experience is that if I click on a targeted signal that is not lined
up with the vertical bars, the Mark will change in the RTTY Control
panel to line up the signal, and begin decoding.  For discussion, lets
assume that the Mark in the RTTY Control panel now says 1200 instead of
the original 1275.  My understanding is that the ICOM-718 has no
knowledge of this, and that when I use a pfkey or click TX to transmit,
the FSK modulator in the radio will still generate a 1275 tone/mark
instead of 1200, and it will use the original frequency of the radio,
thus transmitting 75 hz away from the received station

I successfully worked the July 2006 NAQP by setting the value of Mark
and Shift on the RTTY Control panel to 1275, and 170 respectively, and
by manually tuning the radio to line up the targeted signal with the
vertical yellow bars.

I would have liked to have been able to click on a signal, in order to
"pounce" on it.  Perhaps this is already possible in FSK mode, but I did
not stumble across the right method.

I would think that Writelog/RTTYRite/MMTTY have all the pieces to make
this  possible.  It knows the frequency that my radio is set to, it can
deduce that I am running FSK instead of AFSK, I can tell it what my
radio's Mark and Shift tones are (through the HAM settings), it knows
whether I am running REVersed, and it has the ability to control the
frequency of my radio.

When I click on a signal in the RTTY Control Panel,  the programs are
able to calculate the difference between the original Mark tone, and the
new one.  Currently it uses this difference to change the Mark setting
(from 1275 to 1200 in the example).  Instead, is there a way for
Writelog/RTTYRite/MMTTY to apply this difference to the radio's
frequency, and use radio control to change the frequency of the IC-718
so that the Mark setting stays constant (1275 in the example)?

Thanks,

Ken   KR4FM