Re: [WriteLog] off topic but don't know who 2 ask

To: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"Writelog List" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] off topic but don't know who 2 ask
From: n1mgo@arrl.net
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 07:38:49 -0400

On 6 Aug 2006 at 15:21, FireBrick wrote:

> Sorry, but figured contest guys would be the most likely to answer this
> question.
>
> What would be a good program  to draw a computer generated block diagram?
>
> I need to do a better job creating a chart of my
> rig/amp/interface/antennaswitches/pre-amp/keyers/etc. etc. wiring.
>
> So that I can find a problem when clumsy me pulls out the wrong plug.
>
> How bout PowerPoint?
>
> Anybody have a suggestion an old guy like me can handle?

Bill,
    Look at Open Office, a FREE Microsoft Office replacement!
Includes a PowerPoint workalike.
http://www.openoffice.org/

        Also a schemetic capture program will work, look at
Eagle, also free, at:
http://www.cadsoft.de/freeware

        If you are running any Linux you can use Dia, a visio work-alike.

-G  N1MGO