Re: [WriteLog] WL CW Keying Enhancement

To: "'Duane A Calvin'" <ac5aa@juno.com>, <dx35@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL CW Keying Enhancement
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:31:31 -0400
Duane,

Look at the Writelog help file under "CW, and RTTY and Voice Memory
setup:"

   ^  dot-length space (also called half space, but its a dot-length)
      The caret is upper case 6 on U.S. keyboards.

With "PC Generates" keying the "^" generates a dot length space (1/3
of a "letter" space).  When using WinKey as the CW output device, it
appears that Writelog maps the "^" character to "|" which Winkey uses
to generate a 1/2 dot length delay (thus the delay when using Winkey
is half that when using "PC Generates").  WinKey users can compensate
by using two "^" characters or may take advantage of the situation to
"fine tune" the added delay by using 1, 2 or 3 "^" to generate 1/6,
1/3 or 1/2 letter space delays.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America