Re: [WriteLog] RIG INI FILE

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RIG INI FILE
From: KR4DA <kr4da@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 16:11:32 -0400
Nothing here about using the TEXT editor to ENTER THESE MANUALLY

I do not want to assume I have to do this.
THEY SHOULD already be part of the INI file
then EDIT as needed. If I really have to edit this in
fine.  Something isn't right.....................
I mean PORTS AND RIGS SHOULD ALREADY BE THERE
I would  assume from reading these would be in the INI file.
I have  no settings in the  eluded to [RIGS] section as stated my the
below statement.

####The COMn:= settings are used by the WriteLog Packet window and by
the RTTY window. There are separate COMn: settings in the [RIGS] section
used only for rigs.####

The settings from the Setup Ports <cs_dlg_ports.htm> dialog:

dvkport=2
dvktype=2
cwtype=3
cwport=1
AntRelayOnLpt3=YES,1
AntRelayonLPT1=YES
Comm1Used=CW,0

The COMn:= settings are used by the WriteLog Packet window and by the
RTTY window. There are separate COMn: settings in the [RIGS] section
used only for rigs.

COM1:=9800,n,8,1,
COM2:=4800,e,7,1,

There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on
the right of the equal sign. These settings are not used for RTTY or for
packet

CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2

In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15
is as high as is supported.

CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8

k0bx@arrl.net wrote:

>The Writelog.ini file has a lot of options.  But you
>have to put those options in the file using a text
>editor.  Writelog will only put the necessary options
>in the ini file.
>
>I know it is hard for hams to do, but RTF, Read the
>Manual, on the main logging screen, click on HELP.
>
>Then click INDEX.
>
>Then Click PORTS - Read it.
>
>Then Click RIGS - Read it.
>
>It will answer most of your questions.