Re: [WriteLog] Dual Monitors with Laptops?

To: "'Eric Rosenberg'" <wd3q@starpower.net>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Dual Monitors with Laptops?
From: "W1NET" <w1net@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:44:17 -0400
Depends on how old the laptop is.  Mine all have a video out.  If yours does
then try this:

1. Connect video out to that second monitor.

2. If you are running xp...and probably win2k...-->Then go to a blank part
of your screen...right click to and select properties (same place you adjust
screen properties and screensavers).

3. From the tab select settings.

4. You should see two screens...marked 1 and 2.  Select the greyed one and
then click the box that says to "extend my windows desktop onto this
monitor".  After that you should see stuff on the second monitor.

5. If this all works (we hope!) ... you can move the screen to the other
side of the number 1 display or even top or bottom by dragging it around in
that picture in the settings (cool huh?)...that way when you drag stuff it
moves in the same physical way you laptop and monitor are oriented!!!

...it's actually kind of easy.  Hence why I know how to do it.

GL

John W1NET