Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and CW

To: "Dave L. Thompson" <k4jrb@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog and CW
From: Wayne Matlock <k7wm61@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 03:47:27 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
Hi Dave. I have a PIII 500 exactly as you describe. I run XP Pro on it and have
installed a D-Link PCI/USB card giving me 3 usb ports. I dislike a soundcard
for RTTY/SSB  due to the constant "tweaking" required (thats me) so run 2 HAL
P-38 cards in it. I have 394 meg ram. It has an old 3Com ethernet card hooked
up to a D-Link router for wireless web service and ethernet connection to the
other 2 computers in the shack (wife's station, KX7LDS and one for backup). I
have a soundcard which I use for cw and echolink also..Have been with this
setup for over 3 years with no problem. If you are going to throw it away,
throw it my way as I have some ham friends who would dearly love to have it as
all they have are 486 machines..73 de Wayne, k7wm@arrl.net