Re: [WriteLog] directio woes ( more)

To: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>,<writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] directio woes ( more)
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:44:34 +0000
Clive,

I assume that you added in the missing step in the installation - which is
to click on the "add" button after setting the memory addresses?

Does Direct IO show up in the Device Manager (view hidden devices). I have
had that same memory problem with Writelog remembering that I had at one
time selected the LPT1 device (off in the registry somewhere?) but when I
finally got a clean installation of Direct IO then Writelog worked fine.

Good luck. Hopefully someday we won't have to keep using the LPT ports to
get A/B steering data!

BTW some of the earlier versions of Direct IO had a bug that screwed up the
uninstall process - I just had to use one of my ghosts backups several
weeks ago trying to install Direct IO on another workstation and not
realizing there was a new release - which worked fine once I got it.

Jerry, W6IHG