Re: [WriteLog] directio woes ( more)

To: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] directio woes ( more)
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:26:31 -0800
You may want to check the directio control panel, accessible from the main
Control Panel folder, to make sure it remembered 378-37A and your directory
path for the executable. Note that any time you reinstall WL you must go to
this control panel and point to the new executable. This has caught me
twice! Also, you need no IRQs checked and no memory ranges.

GL,

/Rick N6XI

On 12/26/06, Clive Whelan <clive.whelan@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Sorry to return to this chestnut.
>
> I'd really like to have WL working with my MK2R+ for
> redundancy if naught else. I have perennially had problems
> with this app. It allowed selection of an LPT port one time
> ( XP Home) but quit without warning after a few days ( not
> 30 N.B.).
>
> Even after complete uninstallation of WL and directio and
> subsequent reinstallation, all the LPT ports are greyed out,
> but paradoxically the original tick mark in the DVK box that
> I entered is still there ( greyed out)! Yes I've followed
> all the guidelines for installation, 378-37A for LPT1, and
> the WL exe in the security tab, but nada.
>
> I'd happily pay the $30 reg. fee, but not until I can see
> that it'll work consistently
>

> Have I overlooked some enabling switch in WL perhaps?
>

> tia
>

> 73
>

> Clive
> GW3NJW

"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."