Re: [WriteLog] add texte annotation + unclame mark help

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] add texte annotation + unclame mark help
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:17:03 -0600
> Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:39:25 -0500
> From: "ve2lx" <ve2lx@sympatico.ca>
> Subject: [WriteLog] add texte annotation + unclame mark help
> To: "witelog group" <writelog@contesting.com>
>
> After a contest
>
> Texte annotation from edit/insert a texte annotation function.
>  If we add a texte annotation for temporary note can it be
> remove before to send the report on a cabrillo file ( I tried
> to remove notes but I ca'nt)
>
> I added texte notes on six qsos and because I could not
> remove the notes I decided to mark them as UNCLAME but I
> could see the X mark as for unclamed on only 3 of them...I
> tried again few more times but could not success
>
> can someone help me

Text annotation will not display in the Cabrillo file output at the end of
the contest.  It is for your use ONLY within Writelog.  You can add 10 lines
of text per qso, but the output Cabrillo file shows only the information
pertaining to the contact.

Additionally, the score reported by Writelog is not the official score of
your log.  It is for informational purposes only.  The information contained
in the log, when checked by the log checkers after the contest, determines
who you get credit for and who you don't.  Marking invalid qso's as
unclaimed in unnecessary and a waste of time unless it's a contest that
counts invalid qso's against you.  Dupes are automatically scored as 0
points after each successive duplicate entry, however, if the person working
you only has you in their log correlating to your SECOND qso (marked as 0
points), in fact the FIRST qso in your log will be thrown out, and the
second qso will count because it matches with the other stations log.

Don't worry about Text annotation, it doesn't show up in the Cabrillo file.

Charlie
KI5XP