Re: [WriteLog] 10.62h upgrade

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.62h upgrade
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:43:23 +0000
JE Brown wrote:
I wish mine would install.  I have been trying to update from 10.61 to
10.62 with no luck.  I have the latest windows installer, and have
just renewed my subscription.  Ron sent me the address to update from
and said to be sure to use the FULL update.  No joy.

It seems obvious a lot of people are having trouble with this.

For what it's worth, I always uninstall my present version of WL
before putting in a new FULL installation. And that includes going
through the Registry with RegEdit, and removing every single writelog
entry. Believe me, it's going to take you over an hour to do it.

Also, I don't think I've seen a single reference to the O/S being
used. I had a problem last week where a new program I installed
( System Mechanic 7 ) was giving fits to other programs. I finally
just formatted the C: drive and started fresh. XP Pro used here.

This is not recommended before a contest. ):>

73
Ed