Re: [WriteLog] 10.62h upgrade

To: "Jerry Pixton" <jpixton@shentel.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.62h upgrade
From: "JE Brown" <W4LC@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:02:26 -0000
Jerry,

I wish mine would install.  I have been trying to update from 10.61 to 10.62
with no luck.  I have the latest windows installer, and have just renewed my
subscription.  Ron sent me the address to update from and said to be sure to
use the FULL update.  No joy.

When trying to update, the files upzip, and the installer screen comes up.
It takes the new registration code ok.  But when the "Install" button is
pressed, a box comes up with the message:
"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required
for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor."

The file   writelog.msi  is already so named when unzipped.

I notice in the Windows Control Panel that a program entitled "Writelog
System Components for pre-10.57 Installer" is present at 7.89 MB.  Don't
know if this is germane to anything.

Any further ideas?

Jim       W4LC