[WriteLog] MSI Install vs. old ones

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MSI Install vs. old ones
From: "Wayne, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:19:42 -0000
> When attempting to install 10.62H, I receive this error message:
>
> " Writelog MSI installation from full 10.56 or later is not on this
> computer.  Use old style, non-MSI upgrade."

If you get the message above, it means your most recent FULL install
is more than one year old. The upgrade installs are not capable of
upgrading from that far back (regardless of how many upgrades you
have done in the meantime). But your registration code is less than
a year old (else 10.62 would not install at all) and when you received
that registration code, you also received a link to a FULL install.

Install from that link you received with your registration code (even
if the link is a year old) and then do the 10.62H install and you
will then be current.

Wayne, W5XD