Re: [WriteLog] CW code reader question

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW code reader question
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:33:42 -0900
Another advantage of using the line out jack on the back of the rig is that
the output audio is fixed.  If you use the headphone jack with a Y splitter
cable to feed the headphones and the sound card of the computer
simultaneously, any variation in audio level for the headphones will also
cause a variation of audio being fed to the sound card.  This may cause
distortion and inability to decode the incoming signal.  Use the fixed
output line out jack on the back of the rig and you can use the headphones
normally and adjust the volume to suit your ears without changing the level
going to the sound card.

Gary AL9A