Re: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.62 TCP/IP Networking

To: <W8AV@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.62 TCP/IP Networking
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:36:36 -0600
Goose,

They're two "non-identical" (read: Ham shack computers!! hi hi) running
fully patched, Windows 2000, SP4.  No other problems with any other part of
Writelog except that.  Both are configured with static addresses, both have
all entries for all workstations on the network in the Hosts file, both have
a CORRECTLY configured lmhosts file for netbios resolution (guess that's why
NetDDE works).   Not running any A/V on it.

Since they're non identical, I don't want to start out blaming hardware.
The motherboards are different (Gigabyte and an Asus), the processors are
different (Athlon XP and Duron), both have over 512mb ram, but different
video cards, different onboard sound chips, different size hard drives.

The only time I have this crash is when they're networked via TCP/IP.
NetDDE does not cause a crash.  And it doesnt take down the entire program,
only the networking portion of it, forcing a restart of the networking
services.

ki5xp

  _____