Re: [WriteLog] [NCCC] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING - TS-480 Issue

To: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] [NCCC] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING - TS-480 Issue
From: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@inreach.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 06:36:15 +0000
I dunno . . .  I guess you can justify almost anything if you try hard
enough (Iraq anyone?). Playing with terminology (what is IS?) doesn't
really matter. If a station is defined by a 500m circle (or whatever),
that includes the operator?  Whatever .. go for it.

However, if you go to the time and expense of building a nice remote
station, why not just drive there and operate?  The technology of
remote control is cool stuff, but with the "remote" stations I've been
associated with, a lot of the fun is just being there. Even if I had
the ability to operate remotely, I still think I'd rather operate at
the site. YMMV as usual.

73, Al  AD6E