Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING - TS-480 Issue

To: "'Eric Hilding'" <dx35@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING - TS-480 Issue
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:40:57 -0000

How do you figure this?? Basically, you are saying EXACTLY what I tried to
point out in my previous postings concerning robot operations only now, not
only do you want to divorce the operator from the "station" but the things
that make it operate as well. If you think that the remote head and remote
software are NOT integral to the operation of the station then eliminate
them and see what happens. I can take the front off of my FT-920, put it
anywhere and, as long as all those little wires are connected, use the radio
but I can't do it if I take the front controls off and throw them in a box
in the corner of the room.

73 -- Paul VO1HE