[WriteLog] Amazing Discovery in WriteLog

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Amazing Discovery in WriteLog
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 06:42:30 -0700
I had to do a triple-take when this happened...

Although I absolutely detest using a mouse, my new carpal tunnel &
tendonitis fighting "Vertical Mouse" ( http://www.evoluent.com/vm3.html
) yielded yet another benefit completely by accident.

While configuring CW messages in WL for my upcoming K6VVA/KL7 (IOTA
NA-041) trip, I had one of my TS-480's on RX in the background.  All of
a sudden the station I was semi-listening to shifted frequency while
transmitting which I found odd.

What I discovered was that I had inadvertently bumped my Vertical Mouse
on the desk , and that I could actually tune the VFO in the rig up/down
by using the scroll wheel on the this Bad Boy (as long as the WinDOZE
cursor is in one of the QSO entry fields in WL).  Incredible, although I
have no clue why it works but it does.

FYI & 73...

Rick, K6VVA