Re: [WriteLog] RFI and Keyers

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] RFI and Keyers
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:08:18 -0800
On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 20:49:42 -0500, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

>With respect, the microHAM products were done correctly with
>regard to any "pin 1 problem."

While I respect Joe and his business, I believe that Joe is mistaken
about this. He and I are corresponding privately, and I've pointed
out some components of the RFI problem that others are seeing. I've
also seen a number of posts on the NCCC list from good engineers who
have fixed stability problems with Microham products using ferrite
chokes on interconnect wiring. That fix would not work (or be
necessary) if he was right.

73,

Jim K9YC