[WriteLog] Yaesu FT-767GX rig control problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Yaesu FT-767GX rig control problem
From: "Bob Gates" <rgates1@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:06:54 -0500
I am having a rig control problem using the following:
Yaesu FT-767GX
West Mountain Radio RIGTalk RT-1 USB cable
Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop computer
Windows XP Home version
COM port set to com2, 4800,n,8,2 (I have also tried other Com ports)
WriteLog radio set to Yaesu FT-767
WriteLog port same as above

It works fine with DXLabs' Commander rig control software, but when I try to
use Writelog, it connects to the radio, but will not let me control the radio
either from the computer or WriteLog.  When I quit WriteLog, it does not give
up control, even after shutting down the computer.  I have to run the DXLabs
Commander to get rig control back.

(West Mountain Radio replies that they feel their hardware is OK (the RIGTalk
RT-1 USB cable) and that it is a setting in WriteLog)

I would really like to use Writelog.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Gates
KJ4IC