Re: [WriteLog] New Install Help

To: "Jim Harris" <ab0uk@earthlink.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New Install Help
From: "Byron Lichtenwalner" <w3wkr@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:30:05 -0500
Hi Jim
There is a simple way to add Fkey "buttons" to WL.  See the next link to
check it out.  I have used this for years, and find it very neat since each
"button" can be assigned many functions and the Labels of the "buttons" can
be customized.

FKeysFKeys is an "add-in" to WriteLog, a wonderful contest logging program
written by Wayne Wright, W5XD and distributed by Ron Stailey, K5DJ. ...
      www.kregli.com/fkeys.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

On the PTT issue, have you checked the ptt section of the help file?  There
are two ways of getting ptt on some rqadios, either RTS of thru the serial
port.  tqke a look and see if one of them will relieve your problem.

In my set up, if I open a RTTY window and the sound card AFSK is selected, I
get a lock down on the PTT.  To relieve it, I go to the MMTTY selection.
The PTT now relesaes.  then I can return to Sound card and the PTT is gone..
Can't figure out why, but this simple procedure works for me.

Byron, W3WKR