[WriteLog] New Install Help

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] New Install Help
From: Jim Harris <ab0uk@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:25:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Hi to All,

Let me thank everyone who responded to my request for help.  There were many
good suggestions and they are appreciated.

To make a long story short I've been able to get my Rigblaster Plug & Play to
work with WL for RTTY, BPSK and CW all thru the single interface including
radio control.  There are 2-3 conditions that go along with making it work.
First, WL must be the active window rather than RTTYRite.  When selecting CW or
changing from CW to another mode WL must be closed and restarted after the
selection is made in RTTYRite.  Changees between RTTY and BPSK can be made
without closing and reopening WL.  I also found that without using the save
configuration at the bottom of the setup menu everytime the ports window is
opened some of the settings revert to defaults.

Concerning "F" keys on buttons for mouse use......  Two people suggested a
plug-in program named FKeys that provide the functionality.  I've initially got
it setup and it looks like it should work well for my needs.  Special thanks to
those who suggested that direct use of the "F" keys would save contesting time.
After thinking about it your point certainly will help me as I improve in
contesting.

Now it's off to get all the needed macro's, memory buffers, or what ever they
are called, in WL setup and tested.  Who knows maybe I can get into a contest
in a few days.

Again my thanks to everyone who responded both on the reflector and privately
and for all your great help.

73,

Jim, AB0UK