Re: [WriteLog] WL & Vista

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL & Vista
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:08:37 -0900
Thanks to Joe, K0BX, Frank, KL7FH, Wolf, DL6IZ, Ron, N0AT and Craig, K0CF
for responding to my plea.

My problem with WL under Vista is related to the Band Map.  Specifically, I
do not get band edges to display, nor do I get any Sub-Band segments to
display.  The Band Map scrolls with the mouse wheel, posts calls to the map,
etc.  The only thing I can't seem to get going is the band edges and
sub-bands.

I've discovered that Vista puts the files created or edited by the WL Edit
sub-bands utility in C:\User\AL9A\Documents\WriteLog\contest. Apparently WL
cannot find them in this location.  I've tried to copy these sub-band files
to C:\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs, but WL still doesn't recognize them.
In the [BandMap] section of my writelog.ini file there was a line that said

BandEdgeFile=USA_Advanced.SubBands

which I have edited to

BandEdgeFile=USA_Extra.SubBands

but WL doesn't seem to recognize this parameter either.  I've tried spelling
out the full path name for the BandEdgeFile= command, but that doesn't work!

Do any of you gentlemen have either the band edges or the sub-bands showing
on your Band Map?  If so, I would be interested in finding out where the
.SubBands files are located on your machines or what is in your writelog.ini
files.  I would like to get this fixed before the ARRL DX CW Contest in a
couple of weeks.  Again thanks for the responses.

73,
Gary AL9A