Re: [WriteLog] WL & Vista

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL & Vista
From: "Wolf, DL6JZ" <dl6jz@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:48:28 +0100
Hi Gary again,

I didn't install WriteLog into the suggested folder like
C:\ProgamData\WriteLog or so, because I don't like to store my contest data
on the system drive C:. And Vista keeps all the Windows system directories
on a very very high security level.

I installed WriteLog into a destination folder like D:\WriteLog. So it is
very easy to make a backup of my contest data. And WriteLog works o.k. I can
edit the subbands and find the edited sub bands in the band map.

By the way I made the install procedure as the user "Administrator", but I
am using WriteLog as a normal user "Wolf" without any administration rights.

The only thing you have to pay attention for is that the writelog.ini is to
be found in this case in the virtualization folder

     C:\user\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows.

You need this path if you want to edit the file writelog.ini manually.

The reason for this virtualization is that it doesn't meet the intention of
an operating system and of it's programmers when  program files which should
be modified by every user are stored in the system directory!

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ