[WriteLog] WL Web Update under Vista

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL Web Update under Vista
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:16:09 -0900
I continue to fumble about in the Vista universe trying to figure out what
the heck is going on with the way it handles various WL files.  About a week
ago I posted a complaint that after doing a web update download from within
WL of the latest wl_cty.dat file that I didn't see any changes to the
wl_cty.dat file date in the WL Programs folder.  I have just discovered why!

Vista puts the web download data files in
C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs,
NOT in C:\Program Files\WriteLog\Programs where I was expecting to find them
and where they have gone under previous Windows versions.  In addition to
the wl_cty.dat file all the web download files that I requested ended up in
the C:\User\AL9A... path.  This includes all the different master.dta files
for Super Check Partial, namedmul.ini, etc.  So the files do get updated,
it's just that Vista puts them where you aren't expecting to find them!

At least now I know where to go find them to check the file dates to see if
I have the latest and greatest!

73,
Gary AL9A