Re: [WriteLog] SSB wav files?

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SSB wav files?
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:23:25 -0000
Gary's method will work FB Scott - but there are much easier ways.

1.  Plug your station mic directly into your sound board - forever if
you like.
2.  Take the output of your sound board through a $3 radio shack
isolation transformer to the mic input of our rig.

There - that's it for hardware and software too.  You don't need a rig
blaster or anything else expensive.

Record on the fly.  Hit shift and the F key to start recording and end
your recording with the escape key.

It will sound exactly the same live as recorded as the audio path never
changes.  You can change the messages by recording on the fly during a
contest - do it here all the time.  Hit the escape key with decent
timing and you don't need to trim anything.

The rig is keyed via vox if its on - the F keys and the mic.  The rig is
keyed via footswitch if you have one hooked up.  The rig is also keyed
through PTT by the F keys if you have a cw interface hooked up - a one
transistor level shifter - you don't need anything fancy for that
either.

73 Hal
N4GG