[WriteLog] Independent Speed Control for MicroHAM Paddle and WL Messages

To: microHAM@yahoogroups.com, WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Independent Speed Control for MicroHAM Paddle and WL Messages?
From: Rick Tavan <rick@tavan.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:00:23 -0700
[Cross-posted integration question]

It would be very nice to use the SPEED pot on MK2R+ to control paddle
sending speed while using the PgUp/PgDn keys on the computer keyboard to
control the speed of messages sent by Writelog. Is there a way to do
this today? If not, has there been discussion of changing either product
to enable this? (A quick scan of the archives didn't reveal anything.)
Where could it most easily be done - microHAM Router, MK2R+ firmware or
Writelog? Do other loggers provide this capability today?

No, I don't want to use MK2R-resident messages which allow specific
speeds, independent of the SPEED pot. That isn't what I'm looking for. I
want to send the messages from Writelog message memories with speed set
from keyboard controls.

No, I don't want to parallel (an) external keyer(s) across the key
line(s) for paddle sending. Getting rid of external keyers was one of my
motivations for moving to MK2R+. And since MK2R+ doesn't have a switched
KEYER IN port, I would need separate keyers and paddles for each radio
or an external routing switch, impractical solutions at best.

73,

/Rick N6XI