Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 66, Issue 4

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 66, Issue 4
From: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:56:53 -0700
I used WinTest for the first time during WPX CW and it has independent CW
speeds for function key sending and the paddle.  This was using an external
K1EL WinKey ... which is the same as what's inside the MK2R.  Both speeds
were settable from the keyboard. It took me a while to figure out the
display though.  First time out with new software, it took a while to figure
out a lot of things!

I agree with Rick.  It would be really nice to have independent speed
control in WL. The only reason for having the hand key there is to recover
from some sort of QLF or QRS request, so I like the hand key set to about
26-28wpm while the F keys continue at the usual 32-34.

While we're on the subject, it would be REALLY nice to eliminate the LPT
port once and for all for switching between A and B radio focus. That's the
only thing I use LPT for any more. The MK2R+ can do that and WT can control
it (and everything else) through one USB cable.

73, Al  AD6E