Re: [WriteLog] LPT port (was ...

To: "'Alan Maenchen'" <ad6e@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT port (was ...
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@microham-usa.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:41:36 -0400
> Yes, that's what I meant.  It would eliminate one awkward
> cable in my shack and (more importantly) allow a lap top or
> newer computer to be used in case this old piece of junk dies.

A standard for serial (and USB) based A/B switching was proposed
in May/June 2007 NCJ.  To date response has been "underwhelming"
to say the least.

However, there are currently two other ways to accomplish USB
based A/B switching:  1) microHAM SO2R protocol as used by
MK2R/MK2R+ and the Piexx SO2RXLATE interface, 2) the K1EL WinKey
2 (WinKey USB).  The microHAM protocol is currently supported
by Writelog, WinKey 2 (WinKey USB) is not.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV