[WriteLog] WL won't work with WinKeyer USB on some PCs

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] WL won't work with WinKeyer USB on some PCs
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 22:22:28 -0700
OK, here's another plea for help with this issue.

On my desktop, WL, DX4WIN, and WKTest all work with my WinKeyer USB on
COM8, but none of them work on COM10.  What is the difference (other
than 10 is 2 greater than 8)?  My COM10 is on a USB hub, but my COM8
is a USB port that is part of my PC itself.  I'm 99% certain I had WL
working on COM10 last year for November SS, but can't make it work
now.

On my laptop, WKTest works with my WinKeyer USB, but WL does not.  The
COM port used on the laptop is COM2.  One thing special about this
case is that when I first installed the virtual serial port driver,
Windows assigned a really high COM port number (like 25) for it
because I had previously installed a whole bunch of BT drivers on that
machine which were assigned lower numbers.  I manually changed the COM
port number for that device to COM2.  Could that have anything to do
with why WL won't work?  Like I said, WKTest works fine.

Someone suggested a baud/parity problem, but I tried manually forcing
the virtual COM port to the desired 1200,8N1 and it still doesn't
work.

Suggestions?