Re: [WriteLog] Installing Writelog

To: <k7jb@comcast.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Installing Writelog
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 22:33:01 -0800
John,

I'm running WL on a Dell laptop under Vista Home Premium and had no trouble
with the install.  What version of WL is on your CD?  If it is a several
years old edition, there may be some compatibility issues.

Do you have AutoPlay enabled within Vista?  To check go to Control
Panel\Hardware and Sound\AutoPlay.  The second line from the top of the
screen has a check box  to "Use AutoPlay for all media and devices".  If
this is not checked your CD will not start automatically when inserted.

If AutoPlay is enabled and the CD still won't go, try the following: (Found
under Windows Help and Support FAQ's for AutoPlay)

To run or install a program one time, follow these steps:

Click to open Computer.

Right-click the device or drive, and then click Run enhanced content or
Install or run program.

Hope one of these works for you.

73,
Gary AL9A