Re: [WriteLog] CW sends gibberish sometimes

To: "'Bob Gates'" <rgates1@triad.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW sends gibberish sometimes
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:26:59 -0600
Common occurrence in 20 years of using WriteLog.

It used to be VERY common in my 2nd floor shack,
where I have had RF Feedback issues, but ferrites
on LAN cable and switching to a notebook and USB
MicroKeyer interface solved that 99.99% (also
replaced LAN with Wireless connection).

But I had 3 instances this weekend, still.

I presume there's a conflicting task that decided
to wake up and steal processor cycles, but the
duration was so short that ESC and Repressing the
Fn key makes it a nit rather than a real problem.

YMMV.

73

Barry, W5GN