Re: [WriteLog] Orion, Writelog and Microkeyer2

Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Orion, Writelog and Microkeyer2
From: "K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:16:06 -0000
I don't have the Orion (Icom 775) but I run the MicroKeyer II with several
ham radio applications including WriteLog (V10.69D), Logger32 (V3.15.0),
DigiPan (V2.0), and MMTTY (V1.66G).

I have nothing but hearty praise for the MicroKeyer II.  This single box
served to condense 3 RS232 ports and an LPT-connected keying adapter down to
a lone USB port on my computer, and combined the functions of several
previous desktop boxes (memory keyer, CT-17 serial/TTL converter, RigBlaster
sound interface).

All the applications I mention in my opening sentence (and a few others I no
longer use) operate smoothly with the MicroKeyer II, and you can "customize"
the unit so it is optimized for each program.

The built-in WinKey chip completely eliminates all the OS-related CW keying
issues.

With the available rig-specific "fan-out" cable, integrating the box into
your station architecture is a two minute process.  There is a very active
yahoo support group, with vendor participation directly from MicroHAM.

This little is unquestionably the best accessory I've ever brought into my
station in close to 50 years of hamming.

73, de Hans, K0HB
(Standard disclaimer --- I have no interest in MicroHAM other than a
satisfied customer.)