Re: [WriteLog] CW Decoder?

To: "'Writelog user group'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW Decoder?
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:21:17 -0400
>From Curt:

> What was K5D using for logging their CW contacts.  Can't imagine they
> were hand typing all the calls in.

If you have doubts on ability of the ears to decode high speed and type the
calls, just check out the hi-scores at:

www.dxatlas.com/morserunner

These top boys are only cruising at 60 to 70 wpm (+) and sipping coffee at
the same time. There was a sound file from one of the high speed fellows
which I can't find at the moment. It is fast and is copied by ear.

Also check:

http://www.rufzxp.net/speed1000.htm

You will see 200 WPM has been cracked - just glad I don't run into him on
the air.

As for WriteLog, the Rityrite CW decoder does a good job and interfaces
nicely to the entry window. But I still find typing the fasted method to
copy from the air, and believe me I ain't that good at either CW or typing.

For me, I would like to have the ability to interface Morse Runner to
WriteLog for practice sessions. I know someone has married one of the other
contest software packages with Morse Runner.

Hope to catch you on the bands,
Eric - VE3GSI.