Re: [WriteLog] "Send Call and Exch" for CW not working correctly?

To: "Kevin Seeger" <hemivaliant@hotmail.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] "Send Call and Exch" for CW not working correctly?
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 20:34:27 -0800
Kevin,

First things first - the CQWW WPX CW contest is not this weekend!  It's next
weekend, May 30 -31st.  That gives you more time to get your WL setup sorted
out and improves the probability you will actually make some WPX contacts!

As for the serial number not being sent - have you "programmed" the command
to send the serial number into your exchange memory?  To send the serial
number you need to have a "%" symbol in the string.  The WPX rules state you
need to send RST and a progressive serial number for the exchange starting
with 001.  In WL you accomplish this by having the exchange memory set up as
"%C 5nn %3".  The second "%" tells WL to send the serial number of this QSO
and the "3" tells WL to pad the number with as many leading zeros as
necessary to make it a three digit number. Thus your exchange memory will
send the Call of the station in the Entry field, followed by the RST of
"5nn" then the serial number padded to three digits if needed.

The following is from the WL manual under "CW/RTTY/SSB Transmission"
"Entering the CW/RTTY Memories":

The memories have the following special properties if there is a "%"
character followed by a:

digit n (in the range 1 through 5)
the current QSO number is substituted for the % when that message is sent.
The number sent will be preceded by enough "T" characters in Morse (or "0"
digits in RTTY) to ensure that at least n characters are sent in the number.
For example, if the sequence number is one, and there is a "%3" in the F3
field, then pressing F3 will send "TT1". This is for contests that require a
"three digit serial number".

See you in the contest!

73,
Gary AL9A