Re: [WriteLog] WL & IC-706 setup for Field Day

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL & IC-706 setup for Field Day
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:28:30 -0400
> I think you made a typo though in the 706 address.
> Shouldn't it be:
>
> IC-706=0x48?

No, that will leave the IC-706 setting looking for the original
IC-706.  By setting the address for 0x58, Writelog will work with
the IC-706mkIIg (its default address is 58h) when the 706 is
specified.

Obviously one can not use the original IC-706 and an IC-706mkIIg
at the same time. The same would hold when overriding a 756ProIII
for a 7600, etc.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV