Re: [WriteLog] Difficulty with MMTTY and WL

To: <WG0M@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Difficulty with MMTTY and WL
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:05:28 -0400

> I am seeking help.  Yesterday while checking the rigs before
> the NAQP  RTTY contest I noticed that CQ or Exchange sent
> messages were being  truncated before the complete message
> was sent.  The point at which the message was truncated was
> not consistent to a point where the transmitted signal being
> send has no dittle to it.  I am running SO2R and  found this
> scenario the same on both rigs.

What port numbers were you using for FSK and were you using
the same port for PTT in RTTY or using PTT from the CW port
(all mode PTT on CW port RTS)?

Most of the Byterunner (VScom) multiple serial port cards
used UARTS with very large FIFO buffers (up to 255 characters).
Open Windows' Device Manager, select each of the Byterunner
ports, select Port Settings and Advanced ... Either uncheck
the "Use FIFO buffers" option or set the Transmit buffer size
as low as it will go.  Reducing the buffer will keep MMTTY
from filling the buffer then dropping PTT.

You can also select the "USB Port" button in the MISC tab of
MMTTY Set-up and select "limiting speed."  This will cause
MMTTY to send one character every 165 milliseconds rather than
dump everything it can into the UART FIFO buffer.

The final option is to enable "Software generated FSK (TxD)"
in the RTTYrite Ports menu.  This will also cause the FSK data
to be paced one character every 165 milliseconds.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

ough-relationships/?ncid=emlweu
slove00000001)