[WriteLog] NA Sprint RTTY messages

To: "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NA Sprint RTTY messages
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:50:46 -0800
I'm setting up WL for the NA Sprint RTTY this weekend for the first time and
have a couple of questions.

1.  The NA Sprint RTTY message examples at AA5AU's website shows the
following suggested message for F8:

    %R%C NOT YET QRZ? DE AA5AU %E

The explanation for this message indicates that the RTTY Sprint rules allow
dupes on a band as long as there have been 3 contacts since the last QSO
with that station.  The message means I can't work you yet as I haven't
worked 3 others since our earlier QSO.  I can find no mention of this dupe
allowance in the current NA Sprint rules.  Was this an old rule of the RTTY
Sprint that is now out of date and no longer applies?

2.  I'm using the MMTTY plug in for WL and am wondering about the NET and
AFC buttons.  Don AA5AU says to NEVER use NET when CQing and NEVER use AFC
when S&P.  In the Sprint you are constantly changing back and forth from S&P
to CQ.  How do you remember to keep the NET and AFC buttons properly set
when there is so much switching between calling and searching?  Or do you
just turn them both off and go with the HAM setting?

73,
Gary AL9A