[WriteLog] Suggestion: Probable Section Suggestion

To: "'Writelog user group'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Suggestion: Probable Section Suggestion
From: "Hal Kennedy" <halken@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:57:03 -0500
I think that's a first rate idea Rick.  I work around that by having a
notebook computer on the side of the desk with VE7CC running packet.
You can set it to display the state.  If I see a call I can't remember
the state for I look over at the notebook and check it.  It's a
poor-mans solution but better than nothing.  Since I run SO2R, I also
sometimes type the call into the second radio window and check the state
there - but that's a bunch of extra key strokes.  The notebook computer
also keeps a WX map running along with DXAtlas, HAMCAP and IONPROBE
which give a pretty accurate view of propagation...although on SS
propagation concerns don't play too much....
73, Hal N4GG

In SS SSB this weekend, operating with telnet spotting, I frequently
found myself clicking a spot in order to access the pre-fill database to
see if it was one of my last needed multipliers. This is awkward because
it generates false band map entries, clicks a bunch of relays and takes
multiple keystrokes. It would really be nice if the Packet Spots window
(or perhaps the Band Maps) could pick up the Section field and display
it alongside the call, perhaps followed by "?" since there is no
guarantee that it's correct. Does anyone else share my 'druther?

/Rick N6XI