[WriteLog] Suggestion: Probable Section Suggestion

To: Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Suggestion: Probable Section Suggestion
From: Alfred Frugoli <ke1fo@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:21:21 -0500
I'd love to see 2 things implemented around this topic.

   1. The ability for WriteLog to pull the section info from the logged qso
   and insert it into the comment field of the outoging spot (when you press
   alt-f3 and the window comes up with the frequency and call already entered -
   just add the section info so it shows up in the comments).  I believe N1MM
   does this, and it's nice to see that info...however this leads to #2
   2. The ability for Writelog to parse that comment info from the DX
   Cluster and insert it in paranthesies next to the call on the bandmap and/or
   packet windows.  For example instead of just "K6LL", it would show "K6LL
   (AZ)" (if that's in fact what was in the spot comment)

This may need some coordination between software developers so that section
info is put in a specific format in the comment field - but that should be
doable.

This would also be handy in the NAQP, CQWW RTTY, and other contest modules
where mults are not necessarly clearly deliniated by callsign.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Check out my Amateur Radio Contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.