[WriteLog] "shuttle jog" devices for rig control & front panel for k3?

To: Writelog user group <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "shuttle jog" devices for rig control & front panel for k3?
From: Alfred Frugoli <ke1fo@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:32:48 -0500
Hello everyone,

I'm considering a "shuttle jog" device to use with Writelog and my K3 so I
can put the most used rig controls closer to the keyboard (tuning dial,
filter settings, etc).  I see 3 different devices all in the $40-$50 range::

Griffin PowerMate <http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/> -
would simply be for tuning - it's a 1 function device, but it looks pretty
cool.
Contour Shuttle Xpress <http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/22> - (or
Pro for about 2x the price and 3x the extra buttons) could control tuning
and potentially other settings available through computer control.
Logitech NuLOOQ<http://www.starsurplus.com/viewitem.lasso?i=965162-0403-BULK-R>-
again, seems to be a 1 function device that would be only for tuning

Has anybody had experience with any of these (or other) devices for adding a
remote tuning and other rig control functions?

Also, is anybody aware of a WriteLog "Front
Panel"<http://writelog.com/Downloads/rig_drivers_and_front_panels.htm>for
the K3?  If not, anybody interested in writing one?  I'm not so
interested in seeing the rig info on my screen, but rather having access to
more rig commands (like filter width, rit/xit, split from the computer
rather than on the rig).

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Check out my Amateur Radio Contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.