[WriteLog] Question on USB FSK

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Question on USB FSK
From: aldewey@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:35:53 EST

I am trying to get a second radio going for RU using a Keyspan USB to
Serial Converter.

Following AA5AU's  instructions on his Web Site, I was able to get it
working fine through MMTTY using EXTFSK.  However, Don has a note at the end of
his writeup that says EXTFSK is not supported from within Writelog using the
MMTTY Plug In.  Is that still the case?

Sure enough, if I try to use the COM port configured for the USB converter
from within Writelog, it does not work (i.e no diddle).  Don also mentions
that Software generated FSK can be used from within Writelog if you use
RTTYRITE as the TU.  That does , indeed, seem to work.

Does that mean that there is really no way from within Writelog to use a
the MMTTY engine for the second radio if I am going to use the USB to Serial
Converter?

Or am I missing something?

73,

Al, K0AD