Re: [WriteLog] Friend.ini

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Friend.ini
From: Ray Day <rayday@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 14:44:47 -0800

Hi all,

A PUBLIC thank-you to Don, AA5AU, my RTTY Guru, for taking the time to give
me a very complete answer to my "Friend.ini" question!

Personally, I'm not going for a top score....just having fun using my
favorite radio (Ten-Tec Omni VII) and a favorite modes (CW/RTTY) going as
fast as I can (without being frenetic) for only the joy of it. The closest
analogy I can think of for my situation is a dog with his head out of a
fast-moving car window, with that enthusisatic look on his face, not really
caring where the car is headed or if the car is going 45 or 65...he's just
happy!

I've worked Gary AL9A several times in contests and know I've seen his name
many times with his call sign on the Reflector, but at that very moment, it
doesn't come to mind. Friend.ini will fix that!!!

So thanks, Don, and everyone on the Writelog Reflector - let's all have a
happy, prosperous, and healthy 2010!!!!

73,
Ray N6HE

Message: 5