Re: [WriteLog] Setting number of Search and Pounce memories

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Setting number of Search and Pounce memories
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:26:22 -0900
I believe the topic has strayed slightly off course from Ray's original
query.  He wasn't asking about storing more macro sequences.  What he wants
is more S&P memory locations to store a stations Call and exchange info for
recall later if he can't break the pile up.  With low power he apparently
desires to store many more than the 4 positions now available so he can try
the pile ups again later.  I'm not sure how useful having more S&P memory
locations would work in practice, as for me it would soon be difficult
managing which of the stored memories I have already worked and which I
still need to try again.  WL provides no means of "clearing out" the memory
storage once you do work the desired station.  The only option is to over
right the old info with a new station.

Ray, I should have mentioned another possibility for you.  If you run in the
Assisted category and get packet spots downloaded into WL you can see new
stations, and new mults, in both the Band Map and the Packet Spots window.
Those in the Band Map will eventually time out and disappear after your
display time expires, but those in the Packet Spots window will linger until
you work them.  The only info though is the Call and frequency - no exchange
info.  Of course running Assisted puts you in the High Power category with a
low power station, but that's the trade off.

73,
Gary AL9A