Re: [WriteLog] Signalink USB as voice keyer

To: <sfs04@westnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Signalink USB as voice keyer
From: "Bill K2OWR" <k2owr@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:21:15 -0500
:::: Thanx Trent. I spoke to them today and while they said the device is
not primarily intended to be used for my purpose, he suggested that it
should be no problem to simply configure the Signalink output to the
datalink connector on the FT950, and input the audio and keying through it.
Then I can leave the mic connected to the normal front connector, intact.
Then all that has to be done, HOPEFULLY, is configure Writelog to access it,
and point to the main pc wav. files for playback and keying. The only
remaining problem is to configure Writelog to stop the outgoing playback via
something simple, like the spacebar and start it with the normal function
key. Then I can simply hit the spacebar, and key the mic to come back to all
those hundreds of stations answering my CQ :-)

I think Rigblaster senses the ptt on the mic to stop the playback because it
interfaces to the mic plug itself.

Anyone else who has used the Signalink this way, and I'm sure there must be
lots of you, please comment!

BILL K2OWR