Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY NOT WORKING

To: <k7jj@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] MMTTY NOT WORKING
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:37:35 -0800
Dave,

Which writelog.ini file are you looking at?  Under Vista there are two
writelog.ini files.  Since you installed WriteLog under the Program Files
(x86) folder there will be a writelog.ini file at C:\Windows\writelog.ini
that I call the "false" ini file.  It is created when you installed
WriteLog, but any future configuration changes to WriteLog are saved in the
VirtualStore path at
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\writelog.ini.  This is the
actual operating ini file used by WriteLog.

Both MMTTY and the MMTTY plug in are older programs that were not written to
be installed under Vista or Windows 7.  When you install the MMTTY plug in
it puts the needed info into the "false" writelog.ini file at C:\Windows,
which is not where it needs to be under Vista..  Copy the lines

CustomTnc1MenuEntry=MMTTY
CustomTnc1ProgId=WriteLog.WlMMTtyTnc.1

at C:\Windows\writelog.ini and paste them into
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\writelog.ini in the
[RITTYRITE] section and it should work.  Also this section should include
the location of the full MMTTY program you installed.  I've included my
[RTTYRITE] section from my VirtualStore\Windows location.  Note that I have
installed MMTTY at the C:\ root level, not under Program Files.  BTW my
Vista is 32 bit, not 64.

[RttyRite]
CustomTnc1MenuEntry=MMTTY
CustomTnc1ProgId=WriteLog.WlMMTtyTnc.1