[WriteLog] Weird mouse behavior

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Weird mouse behavior
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 20:25:39 -0800
Was setting up my radio in the RV for Field Day yesterday and noticed
something weird I've never seen before.  Using WL V10.76H, Icom-756PRO,
Microkeyer II, ASUS net book running XP, Microsoft wireless mouse.
Everything seemed to be working ok, I could receive, send, had the band map,
the F keys worked, etc.

However I suddenly noticed that when I moved the mouse the frequency on the
radio started changing.  No matter which way I moved the mouse the radio
frequency decreased in increments of 100 Hz; always down, never up.  I use
the Mouse_Wheel_Hz=100 command in my ini file, but this has never given me a
problem before either in the base station or the portable RV setup.  I
edited writeLog.ini and removed the Mouse_Wheel command completely and
restarted WL.  The same behavior occurred!  Radio frequency incremented down
in 100 Hz steps even though there was no Mouse_Wheel command in the ini
file.  It's not RF related as I wasn't transmitting.

Shut down WL and rebooted the net book.  After the reboot the drifting
frequency problem with mouse movement went away, but now I notice that when
I turn the mouse wheel the radio frequency shifts in 10 Hz increments.
Again, no Mouse_Wheel command in the ini file.  Now the frequency shifts
both ways, up and down, depending on the mouse wheel direction.  I am
puzzled as to why this happened to start with and further puzzled by why the
mouse wheel can shift the radio frequency without the Mouse_Wheel command in
the ini file.  Anyone ever seen this?  Any ideas on what is going on?

73,
Gary AL9A