Re: [WriteLog] Writelog recording levels

To: writelog@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog recording levels
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:42:21 -0400
Gary,

 > Let me make sure I understand. You currently are running Vista and
 > WriteLog works OK with a single sound board on it? I didn't think it
 > would work properly at all. It certainly does not work reliably on a
 > Win7 system that has multiple sound boards, even if you only want
 > WriteLog to use one of them.

Let me amplify what Wayne has said and let you know that the current
beta test version of Writelog works very well with microKEYER II in
both Vista and Windows 7.  I had previously checked it only in Win 7
but loaded it on my Vista/64 platform and connected a microKEYER II
this weekend and there are no problems with the audio that I can
find.

You will be able to record "off air" using microHAM CODEC Line In,
and record DVK wave files with microHAM CODEC "Mic."  WriteLog
appears to be able to switch between the two inputs at will and
you can change a wave file "on the fly" using Shift-Fn.  All of my
testing was done using a foot switch for manual transmit and PTT
from Writelog for DVK transmit.  I do not use VOX so I did not do
any experimenting with it.

I do not see any reason that the original microKEYER will not work
the same way for those using an older "three port" (separate mic
and line input) sound card unless the sound card lacks working
drivers for Vista/Windows 7.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.